Sunday, June 03, 2007

Set List for Tuesday 5/29 and 6/4

Side A

Elvis Costello-Radio Sweetheart
Fountains of Wayne-It Must be Summer
The Get Up Kids-Stay Gold, Ponyboy
Matthew Sweet-Time Capsule
Pixies-Debaser
Ladybug Transistor-These Days in Flames
The Rosebuds-I'd Feel Better
Portastatic-Little Fern
The Clientele-Breathing Soft and Low
Belle & Sebastian-Lazy Line Painter Jane
Stereolab-I'm Going out of My Way
Apples in Stereo-Seems So
The Eels-Saturday Morning
Stephen Malkmus-The Hook
The Dears-22:The Death of all Romance

Side B

The Minders-Better Things
Spoon-You Gotta Feel It (demo version)
Ken Stringfellow-One Morning
Mazarin-I'm with You and the Constellations
Masters of the Hemisphere-Anything
Je Suis France-Coming Out Party
Call and Response-Josie
Four Corners-Two by Two
Kincaid-Machines Cannot Beat Me
Vermont-The Bells of Saint Alcohol
Death Cab for Cutie-Your Heart is an Empty Room
Tobin Sprout-And So On
Weezer-Jamie (acoustic)
Spoon-The Underdog
Superchunk-Throwing Things
that dog-She Looks at Me
Jesus and Mary Chain-Just Like Honey

So when i decided to start actually writing about each show i figured i'd have something to say each week. Well this week.. not so much. I could complain that i didn't have time to switch out cds in my case because i spent Memorial Day weekend in Heber Springs. But lets just face facts: the reason it didn't do it is because i'm just lazy and a poor time manager.
I'm glad that i just said "darn" over the air, when i realized i was playing Spoon for the second time in an hour.
I can tell my Je Suis France story. Apparently they got their name when one of the band members was in a High School (possibly college) French class. One day there was a test. The band member observed a frat/jock type attempting to psyche himself up for the test by repeating "Je Suis France" (translation: I am France) over and over again. And a band name was born.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a friend in college who wanted me to teach him French, so i taught him to say, "Je suis la jeune fille." (I am the young girl). Even after a few days when I told him what he was saying, he never slowed down and spent the next 6 months randomly yelling it around town.